Miko. eCommerce Template

Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Search Not Working

2 months 1 day ago #1

• Dave
I've added a search app plugin to my footer and If I type something in it takes me to the Joomla search results page with no results. I can type in the same thing in that search and it works.

Can you update this so your search triggers the Joomla search page to show these results?

I don't want to use a search module because it looks terrible. I need more than just Gridbox results on some sites.

Here's the URL that shows up when working
/search?searchword=searchterm&ordering=newest&searchphrase=any&limit=100

The URL from the Search page I get from Gridbox
shoresidetherapies.com/search?query=searchphrase

I'm not really sure why you have a system page for search results if it doesn't work. Not that I want that for this because I use weblinks for example and am hoping to get those results in there are well.

2 months 1 day ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Search Gridbox searches only for the Gridbox page and outputs to the system Gridbox.
We are not affiliated with Joomla search (you can style the Joomla search and result using custom code).

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

2 months 1 day ago #3

• Dave
That's not what's happening in my case. Your search plugin takes me to a Joomla search page with no results, not your search page.

How can you not be affiliated with Joomla, you're using their platform? Why can't you integrate with the core if we want? Besides, your search does not even highlight the search term or have a snippet. I don't have intro text on all things and want the search term snippet.

What is the custom code to make the standard Joomla search module look like your search plugin?

2 months 1 day ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Send us a link to page with problem.
Send us FTP access and Joomla admin access via our contact form.
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regarding custom code (large amount) the support does not provide such help.

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

2 months 1 day ago #5

• Dave
OK, thank you, I am hoping to simply style it like your search box is.

The search module is on this site in the footer of every page. shoresidetherapies.com/search

Do you need the login to help me with CSS?

2 months 1 day ago #6

• Vyacheslav
The support provides only support for the default functionality (plugin will not be displayed).
We do not provide custom CSS code!

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

2 months 1 day ago #7

• Dave
It sure would be nice if you can integrate more with Joomla since you are using them as your platform. Many of us use other Joomla extensions that do things Gridbox cannot do, so using your search is a deal-breaker. From what I see all you have to do is change the output. Add a checkbox to the search plugin to use your search or Joomla's so we can all enjoy the best of both worlds.

If I built a site completely with Gridbox then maybe your search would be OK. I cannot get it to work so I cannot try it. I'd rather have the search snippet with search word highlighted like Joomla's does though.