Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Search Results - where does it pull "Intro Text" from?

1 week 6 days ago #1

• Jeff Wiley
I'm using the Search function and customizing the Search Results page to display Title and Intro Text. But, in my searching, the Intro Text never displays. Where is it pulling "Intro Text" from on Gridbox pages (not blog or store)? What field or setting do I fill in to get Intro Text to display in the Search Results?

Thank you!

1 week 4 days ago #2

• Dave
Good question. I have not set up a search results page yet but this will be good to know.

1 week 4 days ago #3

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

Regular pages (not blog or store) do not have intro text,
just like they do not have intro image.

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 week 3 days ago #4

• Dave
So your search results don't have a text snippet with the keyword like Joomla core search results?

1 week 3 days ago #5

• Jeff Wiley
That's a huge hole! Gridbox pages are your main product, and yet your search results still provide meager information on a search of Gridbox pages.

Please, please, please improve your search function with some form of parity of results for Gridbox pages!

I'd be OK with it if is simply pulled from the Meta Description. That would be a pain, but at least the results would be useful. Right now, all I get is page title. That's not enough for my client sites.

Please improve search so it is useful for Gridbox pages.

1 week 3 days ago #6

• Dave
If this is the case this is truly a big oversight that needs to be fixed. What is the ETA for the text snippet to be added like the core of Joomla does?

The point of using a CMS is to allow searching to be a useful tool. Why was this overlooked?

Thank you

1 week 3 days ago #7

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

The search works on all pages, including the regular page (any text on the page not only title).
You can see an example of how search works on the video
nimb.ws/Dby2GI

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 week 2 days ago #8

• Jeff Wiley
Yes, I understand that Search works on any page. The issue is the search results page is very unhelpful since it only displays page title of Gridbox pages. We are requesting search results that actually provide info on what's on the page. Something like Intro text, or something similar.

1 week 2 days ago #9

• Dave
Other extensions and Joomla core show a text snippet from the surrounding text. Gives the user searching some ideas of what the page is about. If you have a search term that produces lots of search results you must have some identifying content to distinguish between pages.

I had this same issue with SP Page Builder. Took them over a year to understand and fix this. It's a part of developing for a CMS because the search feature is a key component that needs to work well.

1 week 1 day ago #10

• Artem
Yes, I think it's can be done, display part of the text instead of the intro text ;)

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 week 1 day ago #11

• Dave
Hello, that is preferred. I don't want the intro text to be used. It should be text surrounding the keyword search term. I realize it's more difficult of a situation than a Joomla article because of all the parts you can add in Gridbox.

Can this be added to the roadmap?

1 week 1 day ago #12

• Artem
I'm not talking about Intro text, the part of text with searched keyword will be displayed instead of the intro text. Yes, it already added to the roadmap

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 week 1 day ago #13

• Dave
That is exactly the way it should work. Will it be a certain amount of surrounding text along with it?

You guys are awesome!

1 week 1 day ago #14

• Artem
Will it be a certain amount of surrounding text along with it?

yes!

1 week 1 day ago #15

• Dave
Perfect! Thank you very much for removing this worry from my mind.

I just finished a refresh on a website with Gridbox and it's really amazing how nice the sites can look! Much better than any tool I have used in the past. A few less options but worth it overall.

1 week 1 day ago #16

• Artem
Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated :)