Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Website is loading REALLY REALLY slow. Please help.

2 weeks 1 day ago #1

• NAKUL
Dear Team

Our website www.captaintesseract.ai/ is loading really slow. It works good and fast on other themes but with gridbox it is really slow. You can see the same in google page speed insights. Please help.

In case ftp/joomla admin details needed please let us know and we will provide the same.

Looking forward to help.

Thanks and Sincere Regards

2 weeks 23 hours ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

As we can see you have a lot of content, 67 overlay sections
If these were ordinary sections, the page would be endless.

Also you can compare the loading speed of the same pages (yours and our demo),
www.captaintesseract.ai/faq
www.balbooa.com/showcase-template/gridbox-themes/dreamport/faq
it looks like you have a slow hosting.

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

2 weeks 12 hours ago #3

• NAKUL
Thank you so much for the prompt reply. Can you please suggest a fast hosting. We are open to changing our hosting if that solves our problem

1 week 6 days ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Changing hosting will change the speed but not significantly, you need to change the site structure.
Your home page takes a long time to load because you have a lot of content on it.
It is possible to use independent pages instead of 67 section overlays.

Best Regards,

1 week 6 days ago #5

• NAKUL
Hi, we are now on VPS hosting still site is slow. We have the hosting people check it twice and run several diagnostics. Pease see: gtmetrix.com/reports/captaintesseract.ai/h23PBedY/

CSS and JS scripts of Gridbox taking most time then our content images. We are optimising our content images but CSS/JS scripts of Gridbox - How to optimise them?

Please help

1 week 6 days ago #6

• Dave
It takes minutes to load for me. Yes, the size of the homepage is large but my internet is super fast. I wonder if your VPS is configured poorly? Is it self managed? The FAQ page too 5.8 minutes to load!

I would look into the hosting and see what's going on there. How can Gridbox be slowing this down so much?

I have one VPS myself and over the last 8 years have had a few issues. Some mismatched module or version conflict and the server gets really slow.

The other thing is VPS or any hosting companies are going to point fingers at Joomla and extensions before fessing up to it being their fault. I have had to do crazy amounts of troubleshooting and proving it's not my site to get them to fix issues. Once I had to set up an entirely new account with them and clone the site just so they could see it was not my site causing the issue. So you may be in for some fun with the hosting company support people.

1 week 6 days ago #7

• NAKUL
Yes, we had a look into hosting and went through all the possible optimizations. But based on the results of page insights developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/in...eract.ai&tab=desktop
I think, there are a lot of CSS scripts from Gridbox that are slowing it down. So how can we stop or remove those script ?

1 week 5 days ago #8

• NAKUL
There are page wait and resources that are too heavy.
www.dareboost.com/en/report/a_35fb8f705cbae4752717a49dc
We are trying the best from hosting side but there are loads from gridbox.

1 week 3 days ago #9

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

Website optimization is a very individual question. Each site is unique.
Basic things you can find here:

www.balbooa.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/how...e-pagespeed-insights

Best Regards,