Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Frontend Store Management

2 weeks 3 days ago #1

• Dave
Hello, is there any plan to add a frontend store management system for my clients to only manage products and orders?

Hopefully ACL to fine tune what they can access. My clients do not need to be involved in the design process or configuring the page layouts. Only adding/editing products and orders.

This would be very nice to have.

Thank you

2 weeks 1 day ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

You can customize permissions for pages / layout / posts / plugin ...
Read more in our documentation:
www.balbooa.com/gridbox-documentation/permissions

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 week 6 days ago #3

• Dave
I don't believe this was my question. Can the store be managed on the frontend?

The documentation does not explain anything directly related to my question. I am hoping a store management area is possible for orders only on the frontend.

Thank you

1 week 6 days ago #4

• Dave
I am testing the backend management and it's pretty confusing. My client will be completely overwhelmed. The permissions do not hide anything. Some things take me to the frontend and then don't work. You can see all this but not open it, what's the sense of having it visible. Joomla's ACL hides anything you don't have permissions to edit.

A store management area that has none of the Gridbox settings would be very nice. No payment method settings, no page layouts, just adding products, managing orders would be enough for the simple user clients. I don't know about most people, but 99% of my clients are not web or tech savvy enough to even begin to comprehend your system. This will blow their mind.

Sorry to be so blunt, but my users are very limited in their website skills. Most business people are not web designers, they only want to manage their business. I can teach them to add products and manage orders, but that is all they should see.

I hope this makes sense and is not being offensive. I hope to be making this better with you.

1 week 6 days ago #5

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

There is no way to manage the store from the frontend only through the admin panel.
In the admin panel, you can restrict the ability to edit the layout and leave the ability to edit only products

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 week 5 days ago #6

• Dave
Hello, this was a question. I can see there is no way to do this now.

ACL does not work well and I am asking for some better management options to remove the other Gridbox builder stuff.

The ACL only prevents them from being able to edit, but they can still see the entire Gridbox control panel, all the settings, all the controls, which is highly confusing.

Thank you

1 week 5 days ago #7

• Rene
Hi you could use rereplacer pro to hide things for users, an example:
span.gridbox-themes,
span.authors-pages,
span.gridbox-options.sidebar-context-parent {
    display: none!important;
}
In rereplacer pro you can assign this css replacement on user level, or user group.

I admit it's a little bit clumsy, but it's an option thought.

Kind regards René

1 week 5 days ago #8

• Dave
I am just trying to help them with some ideas. I know most users are not tech savvy, if they hire a web designer to create a shop, they probably just want to manage the shop/orders. Not see this array of things that make no sense and cannot be accessed.

I'm sure if they are as responsive as all the reviewers say they are and user friendly, etc., this will get added someday. I rarely do e-commerce and won't offer anyone else this until these and a few other things get sorted out. But it's a GREAT start for sure. The frontend is really super!

I hate to sound like an endless stream of complaints. But sometimes developers don't see the common user is not equipped for too much technical stuff.

Just glad I found the framework to make nice sites and control more than other frameworks.

1 week 5 days ago #9

• Rene
I agree it's a good start. GB rocks, i think the Shop is just in the startup cycle.

1 week 5 days ago #10

• Artem
the Shop is just in the startup cycle.

Yes, exactly :)

The Shop was builded within 6 months. During this super short period it's a really great result.

We have tons of different request from our customers. Some one wrote that feature A is very important, another that feature B is very important.

The strategy is very simple, first of all, we implement the most frequently requested options, for the moment it's:

- User store account
- Selling digital products

These are next big features which will be implemented in the Store App. After that we freezing everything and starting working on migration all our extensions to Joomla 4

That's what's gonna be next

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

1 week 4 days ago #11

• Dave
Sounds good.

Will you continue to add new features to Gridbox and the apps in that or is that on hold for now?

1 week 4 days ago #12

• Artem
Continue with

- User store account
- Selling digital products

And after that we starting working with Joomla 4

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com