Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Joomla Global Email for Store and Forms

3 weeks 3 days ago #1

• Dave
Hello, I always set up the Joomla global email as SMTP so all the email authentication can be correctly configured to avoid spam/junk folders of the recipients.

RSForm Pro allows the global email to be used as the from's sending email and a reply to email can be added. This ensures maximum delivery of email messages.

I have not tested your form yet but I see no settings like this in the shopping system.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you

3 weeks 2 days ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

Information on this can be found in our documentation at the tab Email Notifications
www.balbooa.com/gridbox-documentation/se...of-gridbox-store-app

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

3 weeks 2 days ago #3

• Dave
Hello, I'm not sure you understood my question. I want the emails to be sent via the Joomla SMTP from the address I have in the global email settings.

Sending from the shop using PHP mail or whatever it uses is problematic.

Thank you

3 weeks 2 days ago #4

• Artem
Balbooa Forms and Gridbox also get email method SMTP / PHP form the Joomla Global Settings, but in any way, you need to enter your email address in the store settings

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

3 weeks 2 days ago #5

• Dave
Hello, after testing this I am finding some issues.

It is being sent from the global address but I need a different reply to address. The global email settings are not what my store manager is going to be using. I have a reply to address in the Global Joomla settings but it's not what's coming in the email in my tests.

I apologize for asking you to help with this, but it would be awesome to have the ability to have a reply to address either from the Joomla Global settings or in the shop.

I usually use the same address for all the Joomla sites and the SMTP on my VPS and the client (store owner) would have a different email the store user would reply to if they have questions.

I don't really want the global Joomla email to be the store email address.

What can we do now?

Thank you

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

3 weeks 2 days ago #6

• Dave
Many of the larger sites like Shopify, Bigcommerce, Mailchimp, etc. all send from a system email that is on their server and they reply to is what is set in the system by the user. Very common set up.

I have worked with quite a few Joomla extentions that work this way as well. RSForm Pro! does this and severeral others.

It would be a great addition to yours for more flexibilty and better user experience.

Thank you

2 weeks 3 days ago #7

• Dave
Hello, I am getting my first site with the shop app close to being ready. However this set up is a huge issue in my mind. This is a huge limitation in your system to force me to use the global email address as my client's email so they can reply to the orders.

When could you add a reply to field in the shop email settings so I can use the global email address with SMTP for proper delivery and the email address of my choice for the orders and confirmations to be replied to?

This the only thing I am really confused you did not think of.

1. Both the shop owner and person ordering should be able to click reply to the emails they get sent by the website if they have to contact each other.

2. I should be able as the webmaster set up a dedicated global email address that I control.

3. What if my client changes his password? I cannot force them to never change their information. Then all stops working.

I seriously hope you can consider this for the next realease asap. It's not a big code addon to do this.

Thank you

2 weeks 2 days ago #8

• Dave
Interestingly the Admin email on the Gridbox Form program is doing this now. Why would you do it differently for the shop?

I tested the form user confirmation and if it's set to send from a custom address, the email never makes it to my Gmail account. I tested it on 4 Gmail accounts, not a single confirmation email came in. All were blocked at server level, not even in spam or all mail. Once I changed it back to default, they all came through.

This is why I am being so adimant about this. Email is a tricky thing to get to an inbox. The only best practice is a sending email SMTP and a reply to address.

2 weeks 1 day ago #9

• Dave
I hope you can read this over, and reply regarding this. It's extremely limiting if we want to do this correctly.

Thank you

2 weeks 1 day ago #10

• Dave
I get the feeling you are going to ignore me on this now.

Can you just please add the same function to the Store New Order email as you do for the Gridbox Form Admin notification email?

I would like my client to be able to reply to the order by clicking reply in the email he gets from a new order. The way it is now is clumsy and he must find the email address in the message, copy it and click reply, then replace the to email address with the customer email. Surely you must agree this is not user friendly?

Is this really not possible to make this easier for the person in case they need to reply and ask the orderer a question?

I would really appreciate this as I'm sure others would as well.

Thank you

2 weeks 22 hours ago #11

• Artem
Hi,

It's not done because the logic of the "New Order Notification" is just inform site admin that he received a new order, and no more. We will not rebuild the basic functionality and logic of the store for your specific task.

In the forms it's done in another way since it's a Form builder and user use it to create Contact Forms, where "Reply To" make sense.

Regards,
Artem, Balbooa.com

2 weeks 22 hours ago #12

• Dave
You are saying there will never be a instance where the order needs to be replied to with a question? I hope you eventually think this through and change you mind.

I disagree, but I rarely do e-commerce so not worth the fight.

2 weeks 22 hours ago #13

• Artem
Dave,

You perfectly know, if email requires reply, admin just can copy and paste customer email to the field "To:", it's just a few mouse clicks, no more than 3 seconds :)

Probably it's important, I do not rule it out. But for the moment we have tons of request regarding "user store account ", and first of all we working with most requested features.

Thank you for your understanding :)

2 weeks 21 hours ago #14

• Dave
It's all good. I am very happy to find this system and know it will get better and better.

My new client is the LEAST techinical person I have ever been hired by.

My main hope is the store management can be made into it's own area for this type of client.

Thank you for all you have done!

1 week 1 day ago #15

• Dave
Would you please consider this as an option? I know it is a few clicks and copy paste, to change the email, but my client is wondering and so am I why it cannot be as simple as clicking reply to an order if you need to contact the buyer. Very user friendly.

Thanks for you further consideration on this urgent matter.

1 week 1 day ago #16

• Vyacheslav
We will review your suggestions, but it won't be soon, as we are busy adding basic functionality to the store, we adhere to our plan for adding options (updates).

Thanks for your understanding

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 week 1 day ago #17

• Dave
Much appreciated

1 week 1 day ago #18

• Vyacheslav
You are welcome ;)