Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Switching to Gridbox framework

1 month 1 week ago #1

• robb rich
Hi, I am looking forward to using Gridbox for a few upcoming projects. However, there is an existing site I think may benefit from the features in Gridbox. Do you have recommendations on how to best convert an existing site to Gridbox?

1 month 1 week ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

It can only be done manually. ;)

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 month 1 week ago #3

• robb rich
Hi Vyacheslav,
Thanks for the direction.

How well does Gridbox work with extensions such as Wordpress for Joomla? Can I build a template that will allow that component to display the content? Additionally, what about others like EasyBlog? I realize you have a built in Blog workflow in Gridbox, but I'm not sure if it has the same functionality for auto-posting to social channels, OpenGraph images, etc.

One last question I have at the moment. I noticed in a previous posting related to different versions of Gridbox, it was mentioned there was no upgrade path between v1 and v2. Will there be a way to upgrade between v2.1 and future versions? If there isn't, does that mean each page needs to be recreated in the new version?

Thanks
Robb

1 month 1 week ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

We can't know how Gridbox works with all of Joomla's extensions, because there are so many and testing would take forever.

All versions are updated without problems.
Version 1 and 2 had a 100% difference so it was impossible to update.

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 month 1 week ago #5

• robb rich
Hi Vyacheslav,
I appreciate the feedback. Over the past few days I have been playing around in Gridbox. Does it still allow for global module positions? Can I add new global module positions? Or does each page need to be built or duplicated to have the module items?

Sorry if these are mundane questions. I couldn't find anything in the documentation regarding creating positions or placing modules anywhere other than as Gridbox elements.

Thanks
Robb

1 month 1 week ago #6

• Rene
The module settings position field shows positions for Gridbox:

1 month 1 week ago #7

• robb rich
Hi Rene,
Thank you for this! That is a relief - I was starting to think there wasn't a way to make this happen.

Is there a graphic representation anywhere showing where these module positions appear within the template?

Thanks again,
Robb

1 month 6 days ago #8

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

How to view modular positions is described in this post
www.balbooa.com/knowledgebase/32-documen...-positions-in-joomla

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team