Try The Gridbox Store App Beta

Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

ZERO APP - ability to select/add form to single page

1 week 1 day ago #1

• Paul Gomirato
Hi

I am using zero app for a real estate site.

I can only use one APP in order to be able to use content filter for all listings.

The listings will have different agents assigned to them.

I need to include a contact form using a recipient email address for the specific agent for that listing - so that means each agent needs their own custom form added to their listings

The challenge is that adding the contact form to the Single Page View Template means it is assigned to every post in the APP by default, therefore not allowing me to apply the unique contact form required for each agent

I tried creating separate Zero APPs for each agent BUT the content filter is limited to a single selected APP - so filter search will not filter all APPs (listings) at once

As I see it, the ability to add a field to Single Post Template that when creating a new lisiting it would allow the ability to click it and then be presented with the list of available forms - thus allowing me to custom place the appropriate form within the single post.

Would this procedure not be similar to the "image" field where you click it and then it allows browsing for image?

1 week 18 hours ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

You can add a conditional logiс to the form (to select an agent) and use several submit buttons (with the assigned addresses of the agent)

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

1 week 8 hours ago #3

• Paul Gomirato
Thanks Vyacheslav

I am trying to configure the form and have a few questions:

At top of form I added a radio button field in order to select the agent.

I only want the radio button field to be viewable on the edit view of the post in order preselect the agent - so when viewing published post, the listing agent is already loaded - I don't want the visitor to have to select the agent from the list.

Currently, the radio buttons remain always visible. How can I fix this?

Also, when I add the form to the Single Page Template it is visible in that layout. When I open an existing post, the form is not showing up in order for me to preselect the agent profile that should be displayed on that page. I assume it is because it is not a "field". So is this solution limited to the visitor having to select the agent? If so, this doesn't solve my issue of appending agent form assigned to their own listing.

When I add duplicates of the submit button in order to create unique recipient address, how can I uniqely label each one so I know which submit button is for a specific agent? As far as I can tell, the label for the submit button is what appears in the button itself - I would want each button to display "submit" - so if I have 10 buttons for 10 agents, how can I know which button is for which agent when applying conditional logic actions when I see 10 buttons listed as "submit"?

6 days 17 hours ago #4

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

Unfortunately there is no way to set a different value depending on the page.

At the time of creating the conditional logic, you can rename the submit buttons (by the agent name) after completing the conditional logic setup, rename them back.

Best Regards,

6 days 8 hours ago #5

• Paul Gomirato
Good idea.

So I tried a different method that appears to work.

1] Created separate form for each agent
2] In Single Page Layout Template I added a "radio" button field
3] For radio button value I entered the form shortcode, i.e. [forms ID=3]
4] When viewing this on a post, the forms display one after the other with the radio button beside each one
5] Selecting the appropriate form displays the one I want for that page

I do have one other question.

Because this method displays the full form, you can imagine that long forms will require a lot of scrolling

Using CSS I want to hide the input form fields/submit in the edit view only to reduce the space each form uses. I really only need the agent name and radio button ideally - the css I find when viewing with Inspect hides the form in public view :(

I have attached a screen shot showing the code/form

You can see agent's name is using a different field type than the input fileds - so hoping you can provide the proper CSS for hiding the input fields/labels/icons and submit button for edit view.

If you can also provide CSS for hiding the photo that would be great

Thank you!

3 days 17 hours ago #6

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

Send us a link to page and send us a screen where you specify which fields should be hidden on the frontend

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

3 days 9 hours ago #7

• Paul Gomirato
Thanks for offering to help with this Vyacheslav

The screen shot I included in last reply provides that info I believe - it displays the CSS from page edit view

Remember, I am wishing toi hide the form fields in the post edit view - not frontend

This is so I can limit form display to the content field (to display agent's name, etc.) and the radio button.

Of course, when viewing form in frontend, I would want the full form to display. When IO try to select the appropriate CSS, it does hide the form content in frontend which is NOT what I want :)

I hope this makes more sense.

2 days 17 hours ago #8

• Vyacheslav
Hello,

If we understood you correctly, you need to hide the form fields in the editor, to Send us a link to page and Joomla admin access via our contact form.
support.balbooa.com/contact-us

Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa.com

1 day 17 hours ago #9

• Vyacheslav
You need to add CSS code at the form code editor:
#blog-post-editor-fields-options .blog-post-editor-options-group[data-field-key="item-15961457760"] .ba-form-field-item[data-type="input"],
#blog-post-editor-fields-options .blog-post-editor-options-group[data-field-key="item-15961457760"] .ba-form-field-item[data-type="submit"],
#blog-post-editor-fields-options .blog-post-editor-options-group[data-field-key="item-15961457760"] .ba-form-field-item[data-type="calendar"] {
    display: none;
}

Best Regards,

1 day 8 hours ago #10

• Paul Gomirato
Thanks Vyacheslav

Exactly what I needed :)

17 hours 50 minutes ago #11

• Vyacheslav
You are welcome ;)
Let us know if you need more assistance!

Best Regards,