Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5 pm Ask a Question
Remember me

Before buy: Using Forms Pro before checkout a product

1 week 4 hours ago #1

• Márton
Hi,
I bought Gridbox pro, and now I'm condsidering buying Form Pro as well ... but I'm unsure if a particular feature is available.
I'm a dance instructor, and I'd like to sell offline dance course passes. The ideal way would be:

1. I define all the dance courses as a product. Dance styles (like rock and roll, ballroom, salsa) could be product categories.
2. Visitors browse through the products (dance courses) with the nice filter plugin, and open one product (a specific dance course).
3. There I place a button, like "Book & pay" which triggers a Form (we need Name, partner name, e-mail, etc..), and the Form would include the selected dance course already via the Shopping Cart Field.
4. Visitors fill in the form, and click "Submit", and they land on the Payment page, they have selected.

I have seen on the Demo page, that the Shopping Cart field is an option, but I'm unsure, if it automatically puts the viewed product in the "Shopping Cart" or the Visitor has to do it beforehand.

At the end of the day I'd have a list of Bookings (for example in Google Sheets), and the payments on Stripe/Barion.

Thanks for shedding some light on this feature!
Cheers,
Marci

6 days 11 hours ago #2

• Vyacheslav
Hello,
Thank you for contacting us

If we have correctly kicked you, then all this is possible a detailed description you can find in the documentation.

www.balbooa.com/joomla-forms-documentati...albooa-forms-builder

www.balbooa.com/joomla-forms-documentati...joomla-forms-builder

www.balbooa.com/joomla-forms-documentati...e-sheets-integration

www.balbooa.com/joomla-forms-documentati...joomla-forms-builder

Please feel free to ask any questions.
Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team

6 days 9 hours ago #3

• Márton
Hi,

Thanks for the video! The only unclear point was the first part, how the products flow in the cart on the Forms.
To be honest it is still not 100% clear. I can think of two possibilities:
1. By creating the Form I have to specify which products are choseable from that form
2. By creating the Form I cannot specify the products to appear, the Visitor can select any product from the product list
3. By creating the Form I cannot specify the products to appear, it will be automatically populated based on some logic.

Could you please help me to find out which is the real life? :)
(By watching the video, it may be the first one)

Thanks,
Marci

6 days 9 hours ago #4

• Márton
Uhh... 3 possibilities. :)

6 days 9 hours ago #5

• Vyacheslav
You need to create a "product" in the form as described in the documentation (product type)
www.balbooa.com/joomla-forms-documentati...albooa-forms-builder

Best Regards,
Vyacheslav, Balbooa Support Team